Li-Belicious

I was fortunate to spend time here twice this week. One of my top Pretoria haunts, Li-Bel offers delectable dishes, fabulous coffee and a chilled out ambience. On Thursday and Friday nights they host a five-course tasting menu. I experienced this delight just short of a month ago with three other ladies. We all agreed that it was a rewarding evening of palatal fervor.

The restaurant is owned and managed by renowned locals Lientjie Wessels  Denton and Robert Denton. The interior is fresh and inviting and the seating outside has made for many a pleasant session over the years. I frequently retreat to Li-Bel to escape the intensity of the hospitals where I study – whereafter I find myself inspired and relaxed. 


An assortment of dreamy ceramics, glassware and ornaments adorn the walls and shelving inside (they are also available to purchase).  There is always something new to glaze over whilst savoring your meal. The menu, which is changes every day, is written up on a  quirky blackboard. Deciding what to settle for is a toughie – and you need to make sure everyone orders something different so that you can all have ‘tastes’.


I look forward to my next visit.

Read more about Li-Bel here

Check out Lientjie and Robert’s gorgeous apartment here 

No comments:

Post a Comment